Too Long

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
since I last posted here. :?

The TGWC had a good first year, and our second year got off to a good start as well. We had 32 "boats" renew their memberships, and our calendar of activities for this year is a mix of meetings, boating events, fishing, and social gatherings.

Next event is a cruise up the James River to Jamestown on June 13th, for an afternoon raft-up. The down the James to the Pagan River, and up to Smithfield Station for a night at the docks there. We have eight boats already signed up.

July should bring an offshore fishing trip, and coordination on that will start soon.

Brian

CaptKennyW

Reaction score
Brian I saw a convoy of GWs go by Atlantic Yacht today with you as the tail-boat. Where were you guys heading??

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
CaptKennyW said:
Brian I saw a convoy of GWs go by Atlantic Yacht today with you as the tail-boat. Where were you guys heading??

That was three GW 330 Express from the Chesapeake Bay GW Club, with me as the "caboose". They had assembled at Solomons Island for Thursday night, then headed south on Friday morning. I joined them at Old Point Comfort and we went to Coinjock for the night. Ran down to Teach's Lair Marina at Hatteras on Saturday, then moved into a big oceanfront house on Sunday for a week. Came back up in one shot (135nm) on Sunday.

I'm ready to lead a group of TGWC boats down - just need some participants and we can make some plans. :D

Brian