1989 23 gulfstream

Manconaone

Reaction score
I just bought a 89 23 gulfstream with twin 150 ocean pros , haven't got into it yet , but the boat needs to be rewired. The transom is solid , it's clean, wondering about the tanks.
Also I'm looking for an aft Bimini top, anyone have one for sale?

Gingnir

Reaction score
I am looking at an 1989 Gulfstream myself. Any hints on what to check (I've just seen pictures, will be looking at it tomorrow).

The outboards are attached to a bracket that just out from the transom. If that bracket is solid, doesn't it mean the transom is solid?

Did you have a survey done?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions.

Manconaone

Reaction score
I did my own survey, theirs certain things you need to look for on the transom... Check all the bolts on the bracket,for any signs of bleeding or stains coming from them. There should be a a 4X4 piece of wood glassed into the transom up top. Look at the vertical pieces of wood that connect to it, are there any cracks in it? If the boat has no bottom paint then it usually means it never sat in the water. Which is a plus. Check the hoses that connect the scuppers to the deck drains, mine was all rotted out and I replaced each through hull. Last. Jump up and down on the engines, see if they flex at all.
If all,this checks out then u have a good hull. I love mine , I've had makos , whalers, sea crafts, but so far I'm in love with the room that the gulfstream provides. It's an awesome boat.
Good luck.

Gingnir

Reaction score
Thanks very mucH!!! BTW, I just realized that this group is not specific to Gulfstream Owners :hmm