Hard Top Conversion

F18amec

Reaction score
Afternoon all. Looking for some insight/advice on converting my 208 from Bimini to hard top. The Bimini needs replaced, worn and couple zippers broken. What's ballpark for having a hardtop installed, will have to get new side curtains etc.
Thanks Y'al!

JeffN

Reaction score
You might try these guys http://www.wmwmarine.com they are down your way. I looked at them many years ago but if you owned a Grady you had to buy through a dealer no matter how old your boat was. Now I think if your boat is three years old or more they can sell you direct. The other option would be to have a local fab. place make one up.

billyttpd

Reaction score
Check out Atlantic Towers out of New Jersey. The make two different Towers in a box as they call them and definitely make on for Grady...well organized website with prices and accessories..they can ship direct and have a dealer network I am looking at them for a hardtop for my 96 Adventure

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
We purchased our 2002 Islander 270 new in March 2002. It had the Vista (soft) top.

Had this hardtop fabricated and installed by S&S Marine, here in Norfolk, VA, in October 2002. Enclosure done by Mike's Marine Custom Canvas in Virginia Beach.

Twelve years and all in great condition. Cost then was about $3500 for HT and $1800 for enclosure, but I'm sure it costs more now.

You could tow your boat up here to have it done during the winter.

Brian

billyttpd

Reaction score
DennnisG01 did you have your hardtop shipped to you or did you pick it up? I'm outside of Philadelphia. I'm thinking it might be better for me to just pick it up . That depends on if I can fit it in a 6 and 3/4 ft pick up bed.

Reactions: Duke1903

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Billy, the one on my current boat was already installed when I bought the boat. But, over the years, I've done this project a few times. If you pick it up, you'll probably have to pay sales tax, which I think NJ is 7%... although that's still better than the Philly tax. I'm not sure what their current shipping charge is, but I don't recall it being enough to make it worth my while to go and pick it up (sales tax plus gas plus time). They're pretty straight forward to mount - if you're generally comfortable working with your hands, you won't have a problem.

2006 Adventure 208

Reaction score
We had our 2006 Adventure 208 hardtop built and installed last year. Got the electronics box, all wiring, new antennas, spreader lights, installed a new VHF in electronics box and a really nice new enclosure from Modlins Welding in Farmville N.C.. Call and talk to Keith Modlin. They actually build some of the hardtops for Grady White in Greenville. He does a lot of Gradys and his price was good . All the colors matched perfect and they fixed holes where the old antennas were. Welding joints are excellent.

Reactions: Eastern HighReach

2006 Adventure 208

Reaction score
Forgot you wanted the cost. Hardtop with electronics box installed was $ 3,600.00

Full enclosure was $ 1,500.00

Spreader lights $ 175.00

Antennas were his cost but he installed and wired everything to the unused accessory switches and radios.