200 yamaha HPDI

fathergoose

Reaction score
Is it reasonable to expect a 2001 Yamaha 200 HPDI with approx. 600 hours to last another 5 to 10 years? The motors have been maintained by a dealer to date and are reported to be up to date with the maintenance schedule.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
One of the best motors Yamaha ever made. With proper maintenance that motor has plenty of life left in it.

seasick

Reaction score
fathergoose said:
Is it reasonable to expect a 2001 Yamaha 200 HPDI with approx. 600 hours to last another 5 to 10 years? The motors have been maintained by a dealer to date and are reported to be up to date with the maintenance schedule.
Of course that all depends on maintenance, whether they are abused or worked hard and how many house are put on them a year.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had twin 200's on my Sailfish, ran them for 8 years, put over 1800 hours on them. When I traded up to the Marlin they checked out fine, got top dollar. I did my own maintenance and they ran perfect. I agree one of the best motors ever built.

Woody56

Reaction score
Have an 05 with over 1800 hrs runs great and compression remains good

fathergoose

Reaction score
The engines are on the back of a 2001 G/W 265. The boat is a single owner boat and the dealer who is selling it sold it new and has performed all of the maintenance, so they have the complete maintenance records for the boat. The boat is in decent shape, everything works, it just needs some updating on the electronics and soft goods. I will of course have a survey performed on the boat and engines if I decide to move forward. Based on the information available, the 200 HPDI perform better than the 225 4s on this boat. So I want to be able to keep them as long as possible. The other reason I want to keep them is that this boat was not designed for the added weight of the 4s and I would have to raise the scuppers if I replaced the HPDI's with 4s