Rub Rail End Caps

DeepWater.inc

Reaction score
Hey gang, I have a 96 209 escape. The blue plastic rub rail end caps have become warn and are ready to be replaced. Does anyone know where i can get a set of these? I think I would like to replace it with stainless. I have not been able to find anything comparable to the original ones.

bfrank

Reaction score
That's my local Grady dealer. http://www.taylormarinecenter.com/

Call their parts department and ask for Michael McDonough. He hooked me up with everything I needed and the charges were a bit lower since they are not cutting eBay a check. I used PayPal and had everything drop shipped from Grady to my door step.

Reaction score
I made a set for my 192... if i can get 5 or more people interested i will make a small run of 10 or so.
here is the thread... there are two guys that want them as of now.

http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17856
IMG_5219.jpg

Reaction score
thanks Tucker... There has been some interest... need a few more guys that want them so i can cover my costs.

liinw8

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the plastic end caps from a local Grady dealer (Spellmans) who had a set lying around, so if anyone else doesn't want to wait to see if these elusive stainless ones will materialize then I suggest calling around to a bunch of Grady dealers.

Maineman

Reaction score
I cannot find any. Grady no longer makes or has the part. I am missing one and the other is not in good shape. Guess I will try to find someone local to make something similar.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yep, Mike at Taylor Marine told me the same thing. If you search there's a guy that made them out of stainless, and they looked really nice. Said he need several orders to warrant tooling and the cost was $75 a pair, I believe. I've replied to the thread but haven't received anything. Think we have a serious situation here gents. Not sure why Grady discontinued them because there's so many out there. Anybody knows any folks at Grady it may be worth asking; they sure as heck abandoned us. I'm missing one cap and the other one is about to crumble in pieces.

Maineman

Reaction score
Sent a picture to a local fabrication shop today. If he can do it I will have him make a few pairs. I will be happy to sell at my cost IF he can do it. I will update you.