Live Well Support Arm

PS Guy

Reaction score
My tournament 192 has a bait well with the fibreglass hinged lid. The new models come with a telescoping support arm along with a gasket so the the lid does not drop and smash shut. I have located gasket material.
I need to find out what the length of arm is and how much compression weight it should have.
Any suggestions, specs. or model numbers I could look up?

steveditt

Reaction score
I have a 98 208 ,I contacted Carolyn at Grady White ,cray@gradywhite.com who was extremely helpful with information there isn't a kit available , I completed mine this spring came out excellent including the latches . Not sure if our covers are the same Carolyn would know , let me know what she says . Carolyn can give you the list of parts you will need .If they are the same let me know and I'll contact Carolyn and will discuss what I have that might help . I tell this story over and over how extremely helpful Grady White was with this upgrade on a 98 boat .Hope this helps, Steve

PS Guy

Reaction score
Thanks Steve
Just sent Catheryn an email and will pass on information when I receive it.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
My Overnighter never came with a support for the lid so I use a 6" section of the clear 1" hose I plumbed the livewell with and just set it in the grove under the lid by the hinge. Holds it open just fine.
Mike.

Dye_Family

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
This is an older post, but I am trying to do this exact retrofit to our 1996 Tournament 192. The support arm on the live well is spring loaded, and too many fingers have been caught when the lid crashes down. Any information on how you went about changing to the telescoping support arm would be appreciated. The standard stay arms from marine stores just don't fit right.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 205 Tounament and this is what fits.....all stainless steel just like original.
8zv6JoZl.jpg

seasick

Reaction score
This is an older post, but I am trying to do this exact retrofit to our 1996 Tournament 192. The support arm on the live well is spring loaded, and too many fingers have been caught when the lid crashes down. Any information on how you went about changing to the telescoping support arm would be appreciated. The standard stay arms from marine stores just don't fit right.
Is it spring loaded or is it a gas strut like my 208?
If so, it should have a model number stamped on it.

Dye_Family

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Is it spring loaded or is it a gas strut like my 208?
If so, it should have a model number stamped on it.
It's spring loaded, I'd like to replace it with a gas shock or some other type of support arm.

Dye_Family

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thanks Steve
Just sent Catheryn an email and will pass on information when I receive it.
Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I'm trying to do the same thing.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
You can replace it with a gas strut but you may have to reposition at least one of the mountings . If you prepared to do that you need a 20-30 lb strut and you can work out the length depending on how you will mount it.
Looks like halfhitch has the same boat with same tank and his was gas strut originally, ask him for a photo so you can see how his is mounted from factory.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I was on my buddy’s 2020 306 canyon yesterday and he had friction hinges on his livewell. No need for a support at all. I am getting them For my livewell hatch to get rid of the spring. They were quite impressive.

seasick

Reaction score
Interesting. Let us know how they 'Hold Up"

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The gas shock that supports the baitwell lid is made by Ameritool. They etch the part number into the barrel of the cylinder. However Grady White has them put a Grady White number on theirs so you cannot look it up on Ameritools info. You have to go to a Grady dealer to get it ordered from Ameritool. Other boat makers aren't that underhanded, such as Fountain boats. I measured the extended and retracted dimensions and end attachment style and looked in Ameritools catalog and "bingo" Fountain used the same shock for the same hatch lid function. It costs less than one half of the Grady White price.
fkwZ4eJl.jpg

gulD4hRl.jpg

WjS1fhjl.jpg

jGfmN4Ql.jpg

Dye_Family

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thank you to all. Great leads on some ideas.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You can get the mounts and 316 SS strut from Maxum Hardware on the web. Many are the 10" 30lb gas spring EFC-10M, item number 625-3-30-A1A1.

Reactions: Timcan