Help identifying mystery parts on my newly acquired 26 Isla

Reaction score
Website
www.prattcustoms.com
Hi guys.
I got this Grady from an estate sale "so to speak", so I can't ask the old owner what these are for. Sorry for the sideways pictures. Tinypic is doing it. :bang

2yltq8g.jpg

#2 This is on the front of the roof.

b7c6ye.jpg

#3 There is one on each rod holder.

65wi2h.jpg

#4 I'm sure this was for a rear deck canvas. I cannot find any grady's with this cover.

157yj9l.jpg

This bracket has the tab a safety tether from a pull pin probably for the rear canvas bow???

21muce9.jpg

Plenty of strap clips .

1zcfes4.jpg

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Re: Help identifying mystery parts on my newly acquired 26 I

A lot of this will just be guessing since we don't know what the previous owner had in mind...

#1: Flag holder
#2: No idea. But it looks like a male fitting and would have a female fitting to snap over it.
#3: Beer can holder
#4: Aftermarket rear bimini shade (essentially extends the hardtop for shade)
#5: Rear support leg for the rear bimini shade
#6: Hooks to hold rear enclosures when the rear bimini is used.

sling

Reaction score

#2 looks like a fitting to pass a wire through the HT. It looks like it was filled in with putty, but they typically have a nut on top with a rubber grommet in it that seals around an antenna wire as the nut is tightened.

Reaction score
Website
www.prattcustoms.com

#2 I'll have to get a better picture. It's a cast piece that is just bolted on the roof. No hole thru the middle.

Since the black tubes aren't anything important, they have been removed. I may make a partial rear deck cover someday. Not for the sun but the rain!!

My bathroom door knob/ latch is missing. Does anyone have a picture of theirs? I need to find a used one... Darn it!! another sideways pict..

aos3tw.jpg

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore

Alaskastreamin said:
My bathroom door knob/ latch is missing. Does anyone have a picture of theirs? I need to find a used one... Darn it!! another sideways pict..

If you have a tower computer and have it laying horizontally, instead of vertically, that could be causing the issue.

I'm sure someone else will know for sure, but I would only venture a guess that it's a Mobella or Southco lock. Maybe try their website? Or call them and have the picture ready to send in an email, along with measurements and the striker side, too. But I'm sure Grady would be able to help, too.

Reaction score
Website
www.prattcustoms.com

Thanks Dennis.
I took the picture and uploaded to tinypic from my I phone. My phone was upright when I took the picture. Tiny Pic shows it upright, but when I put the link on the post, some of the picts turn sideways.

I looked up Mobella / southco. That sure looks promising.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore

I'm sure you figured it out, Ron, but I was, of course, being a little "funny" with my response. In all honesty, I don't know why that sideways thing happens - I've seen it occasionally in other posts, too. I've only ever used Photobucket and haven't had any issues. Maybe it's something between the way various picture hosting sites interact with this site. I dunno.