Pinstripe

rpc

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone in central New Jersey has had their pinsptriping done on their boat. I have a Grady White Sailfish that needs new striping.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Most dealers sell the striping by the foot. There were quite a few variations, so I suggest snapping a pic of what you have to match it up.
I've done it before when the boat was out of the water and it really isn't that difficult. The factory striping follows a line on the hull which helps.
Good luck with it.

rpc

Reaction score
Thx Fishtales, I will have to take a close look and see if I can do it

Fishtales

Reaction score
You can piece it in if you want too, versus replacing the whole stripe. See how they adjust it along the hull right where the bow flare starts. Just clean the area well with alcohol, you want to get all the wax off.

fellinger

Reaction score
There are also places Ebay that will sell complete decals, stripes, etc. fairly cheap. I redid all of mine on my Sailfish and changed to color to match the name colors. My wife did the striping.

Attachments

• 20160418_134119.jpg
    20160418_134119.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 683

rpc

Reaction score
Looks great....My boat is shrink wrapped now. I took a peek yesterday and did see the hull contour to follow. I guess patience is the key to doing a good job. I found the seller on ebay. When the wrap comes off. I will know better how to proceed. Thanks you both for your input.