New Member Introduction and Pics/Project

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hello all I just wanted to make a late introduction...I have been following this forum for a while and learning a lot. I bought my first grady 92 Explorer, 2000 Yamaha OX66 250 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker, last month and spent the last month working on it in my yard. When I bought the boat it had been sitting for a yr or so without any work done on it, including cleaning. First thing was a total gutting of all gear and a wash which was multiple times. I then painted the bottom and took off the old Grady decals and strips, still waiting to get them on I have them at the house. I filled all the deck holes where it looks like the owner dropped fishing weights on it. Took down and polished and cleaned all the curtains. Fix the porta-potty seals, steam cleaned the carpets in the cabin, took off the majority of the trim, sanded and painted. Replaced helm carpet, scuppers, new Todd helm seats, and a lot of sun damage taken care of with buffing compound and elbow grease. These pics are the final product, looks like a new boat. There was a whole lot more but its to much to list...anyhow I look forward to contributing to the forum.
DSC00474.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

Reaction score
looks clean, good job...

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks great chain!! Need the Grady smirk back on the sides!! Might want to buy the shop manual for that OX66 and get to know it some.