Changing my thru hulls on my 92 explorer: some questions

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
First off does anyone know the part numbers my build sheet is almost impossible to read (11-110 & 11-109?) if that's right who makes them or what have you used(mushroom or flush head, barbed or not? Then bronze or stainless I'm leaning towards the bronze 3 sit at the water line.

bottomline

Reaction score
Mine were all re-done by previous owner with bronze fittings. They look fine and have the dark bronze patina now. I think if I were doing it now I would have gone with the Stainless for a cleaner look.

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
So I started this project last night, I cant recommend enough to check these things on a regular basis and to change them if your still dealing with the plastic thru hulls. I started with the hard to reach ones under the helm. Just loosened the hose clamp enough to pull the hose off, one little tug and the fitting broke. Then the 7 others were the same way. I was like wow, at any time this thing could have snapped and I would have a ton of water flowing in. So guys give these a check there kinda critical, they looked for the most part fine no cracks etc, but it was way worse then I had thought. The new ones are going in this weekend.