257 Advance Switch Panel, Spreader Light and cockpit lights

Cmd176

Reaction score
I just purchased an '06 257 Advance. All the labeling on the switches on dash are faded and unreadable. Can I order new rocker switches from Grady ? Would I have to remove the entire switch or just the plastic rocker ? Has anybody labeled the switches in a different manner? In addition, my spreader light on the T-top is not working. Any recommendation on changing it. Should I go with the replacement from Grady or purchase a new LED product? Finally, I have the same problem with under gunwale lighting. Should I replace with Grady parts or can anybody recommend a better aftermarket product. Thanks.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Re: 257 Advance Switch Panel, Spreader Light and cockpit lig

Yes, you can replace just the plastic cover, not the whole switch. Be careful taking them off - it's probably easiest if you pop the whole switch out of the panel, first. They can be had from your dealer or by searching online - they are not a Grady-specific part. But your dealer, obviously, is the easiest choice and pricing is probably pretty close. Just call them and say "I need...".

Before you go replacing lighting assemblies, check: breakers/fuses/light bulbs and then, if that's all good, that you're getting 12V to the sockets.

Fishtales

Reaction score

check these guys out. $5 a pop.
http://shop.newwiremarine.com/Contur...uators_c34.htm
they sell a tool to pop them off.

the gw spreaders were halogen until recently. there are plenty of options out there. same with adhesivee backed led rope style lighting.

J-Sea

Reaction score

Congrats on the purchase - I just replaced those on my 257 - call grady dealer and you can buy the plastic covers which just pop on and off - remove the old ones carefully so as to not break any of the plastic flanges that hold on the cover - otherwise you'll have to replace the full switch (ask me how I know :))

I'm terms of spreader lights, I also replaced those with some Multi color LEDs and am very happy

TerryVA

Reaction score

I was very happy with this company:

https://newwiremarine.com/

They will provide you with everything from the Carling Rocker switches, the covers (standard or custom), to the entire switch panel assembly.
I purchased a new navigation switch and all switch covers. Very satisfied. Did not go through Grady, but my 247 Advance panel looks great!