Windsheild wiper blades

Estrong52

Reaction score
Hey Folks
This probably a stupid question, but does anybody know where to get wiper blades? I have a 2002 adventura 206, and the wiper blade attaches to the wiper arm with a bolt. I know I could go to West marine and change the whole arm and blade for $60-70, but the existing wiper arm is in good shape and the way the blade attaches is kind of cool. Can anybody help me? I would be eternally indebted!
Thanks Ed

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I found a way to beat the high prices of wiper blade replacement. Advance Auto Parts: TRICO Break-to-Fit Wiper Refills. The ones that fit my Marlin 300 are model 47-800. $7.52 a pair. 17" to 26" inch, 8mm square claw blades. Easy to fit perfectly, easy to break to fit. Beats the heck out of $30+ for new blades!
I would take one of your old ones to an auto parts place and find a cheap match.

Slacktime

Reaction score
Take the old ones off and bring them to NAPA auto parts. Tell them they are truck blades. you will get an exact fit without any adjustments required. Good Luck!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Anco 52-16 also sold at NAPA under their part number 601605.

About $11 last time I bought them.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
So I'm looking for the same help, finding just the rubber or silicone inserts for the 20" blade on a 2007 Marlin. My issue is the end gate is anchored into the rubber. Is this the type of insert you other Marlin owners had?

Attachments

• 20170313_203303.jpg
    20170313_203303.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,667
  • 20140705_180302.jpg
    20140705_180302.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 1,670

seasick

Reaction score
I guess you mean a Adventure 208. Note that the wipers are a small size and not that easy to come by. The NAPA approach is the easiest way to go just make sure you bring an old blade for sizing. I think the oem blase is 14 inches. It is definitely smaller than 16.

seamedic

Reaction score
I live in Washington so we see a lot of rain. I don't mind rainy weather if it means a chance to catch a salmon. So on my cars and boat I use Bosch wiper blades and a coat of RainX. Gives me a pretty clear view.

seasick

Reaction score
seamedic said:
I live in Washington so we see a lot of rain. I don't mind rainy weather if it means a chance to catch a salmon. So on my cars and boat I use Bosch wiper blades and a coat of RainX. Gives me a pretty clear view.
If RainX gets on your plastic curtains, it can ruin them so be careful.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
seasick said:
I guess you mean a Adventure 208. Note that the wipers are a small size and not that easy to come by. The NAPA approach is the easiest way to go just make sure you bring an old blade for sizing. I think the oem blase is 14 inches. It is definitely smaller than 16.

I was asking about Marlin wipers, 20". You have to open the photos in another browser window, at least on my phone or tablet. I was specifically interested if others had blades that seem to lock in the rubber inserts permanently.

I tried taking my wiper into NAPA, no go. They no longer sell just the inserts and had no such narrow blades I could break apart.

Looks like I'm stuck with expensive blades and the frame.

escapeartist

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but was going to say I recently had the same issue as no bail. Parts stores around me don't carry any type of Blade replacement parts any more. Rubber or frame.

I was going to try the truck stop on 95 but never got around to it.

Ended up buying off eBay. New anco brand wiper and full metal frame with mounting hardware.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I found an O'REILLY Auto parts store that had the inserts. They keep 2 in the store so I'll order a bunch to keep onhand. Previously I bought the super duper stainless arms with 8 contact points. The inserts just barely fit, but they fit the original stainless arms very nicely.