harbor09

Reaction score
First off I want to thank all of you for the incredible amount of information that I have gathered so far, I have been reading everything I possibly can by searching the site. I love the set up of the 265 and want to buy, just a few hangups I still have.
The hulls are now +-15 years old, how are things holding up? Any issues with the tanks? Anything structural that should concern me while looking at them? The boat I'm looking at is a 2002 seems like everything checks out, Florida boat so the sun has taken its toll on a lot of things but overall in good shape, cabin liner cracked is only issue that visually I could see besides a few spider cracks . 2002 hulls are rated for 4 strokes so no need to move scuppers up if I repower correct? Any other info that could be provided as to what to look for would be great. Thanks

seafarer94

Reaction score
I love my 2005 265 express. When I was looking for mine a bunch of them had soft front decks. The front decks seemed like they got soft from either the legs of the hardtop or the cabin hatch. I didn't find any that had any real structural problems. I bought mine and tore all the through hull fittings off and repacked with polysulfide caulk, I was amazed at how little was behind the fittings. I love the ride and have no real concerns with mine. The tanks are holding up well although I replaced all my fuel lines. Good luck with your search.

captain swag

Reaction score
Also have a 2002, we love the boat. Cabin cracks in a few places. No other problems.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
captain swag said:
Also have a 2002, we love the boat. Cabin cracks in a few places. No other problems.

Same thing here.

Hull was modified in 2002 to accommodate 4 strokes, making them the prime candidates for a re-power. After 2002 most were sold with F225's which are prone to corrosion, so they will need the midsections replaced if not done so already.

Sketchywind

Reaction score
Love my 2001 265 Express running out of San Francisco. Handles rough head seas, but a bit tender on quartering beam and following seas. Takes a bit of practice but well worth the extra large deck space. My 265 had a soft foredeck as well. Make sure to check transom for rot. Spend the money for a good marine surveyor!!!