Corrupted menus

seasick

Reaction score
For the last two days, something strange is happening when I go back from a reading a post to the Grady Forums menu. This may be something on my PC or something with the site.
When I go to a specific forum, open a post, reply and then use the back 'button' to return to the Grady Forums menu, the Clickable Titles of the forums are not displayed. I can not go to any of the items in the menus. To restore the menus, I have to close the browser (I use Chrome), reopen and select the Grady White Boat Owners- Index page.
This doesn't happen all the time but when it does, I can't clear the problem without restarting the browser.
Perhaps I am not navigating in the recommended manner since I use the back button and not the clickable "Return to Discussion" option ( and have forever:))
Anyone else having a similar experience?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I'm using Chrome...

Replying to post, will now hit the "back" button to get to the forum page...

... It worked for me. I have never done it that way, though since it would take me back past the spot where I have to log in - for some reason, I always have to log in on this forum - it never remembers me. BUT, the way I usually do it (faster for me), is that I click on the SMALL links that are right under the dark blue banner/link thing. That way I can go directly back to "general discussions" or even directly to "Great Grady Forums".

seasick

Reaction score
DennisG01 said:
I'm using Chrome...

Replying to post, will now hit the "back" button to get to the forum page...

... It worked for me. I have never done it that way, though since it would take me back past the spot where I have to log in - for some reason, I always have to log in on this forum - it never remembers me. BUT, the way I usually do it (faster for me), is that I click on the SMALL links that are right under the dark blue banner/link thing. That way I can go directly back to "general discussions" or even directly to "Great Grady Forums".
Thanks for the info. I will experiment but old habits are hard to break.
Regarding your issues with remembering your login. One thing to try is to log out and then see if you can get the log in screen and unclick the Remember Me box if it is selected. After login , log out again and then log in once more but with the Remember Me box selected again. I suspect that you may have a cookie with old credentials ( Do you remember changing your password a while back when the issue started)

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Old habits... It seems that I'm starting to understand that more and more as I get older and older :mrgreen:

I tried what you suggested - we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the tip. What usually happens is that my username and password is remembered/auto filled in. But even though I click on the "log me in automatically" button, it never does. Oh well.