208 Ride

LarryO

Reaction score
Can't say I see much difference between my former '89 Overnighter and my new used 2000 20 8 in calmer waters. Hope to see a difference in some chop or I wasted a load of money. Have trimtabs on both. Opinions? Thanks

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Ok, a 20 foot Bayliner will ride great in calm water too. So, in calm water, yep a Grady especially a CV2 hull is a waste of money. You should have bought a Bayliner. :lol:

The CV2 hull is a better hull than the previous gen hull. It should ride better in bigger chop and bigger seas. I don't think you wasted your money .

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You will see a difference, let the weather go to crap. All boats for the most part ride good in calm water. You haven't wasted your money.

Smokey, I use to own a Bayliner Trophy, '02 model of the 2002. It did ok, with a full tank of gas. As did my Seaswirl. The Grady has left those 2 behind as far as ride. I'll see about the fishing in a few months. 8)

LarryO

Reaction score
Ky Grady I'm hoping that's the case.
Thanks

MA208

Reaction score
I thought the 208 was pretty fantastic for a 20 footer. Really likes tabs in the rough stuff though. Get the bow down and plow through.