Say good bye

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I was on the phone with Danny from Grady inquiring about my new motor and performance numbers and my dome light. In that conversation I asked when are they going to make a 27 Walk around?

It was news to me, but I learned they are discontinuing the Journey and the 225 . The only 22 they will make is the Seafarer. I have contemplated the Journey . They invented the walk around and now there are just 3. It is kind of sad as a fan of that boat style and the 225 has been an awesome dual console as well.

MA208

Reaction score
My local dealer got no 2017 walkarounds or express boats this year. All dual or center console. I have to admit they're all really nice, beautiful boats, but this is the new market I guess. Surprising for New England where cabins are actually fairly useful. I'd say at my marina at least 25-30% of people spend all weekend on board.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That's sad. 258 Journey was on my short list while I was boat hunting. Always loved the walk around cuddy style boat. At least they are keeping the Seafarer.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I agree it is very sad. They are following a trend - big day tripper bow riders aka Dual Consoles.
What can you say, they build what is selling these days. I'd like a bigger walk, but the Marlin is pretty solid. Will definitely look at larger walks when the time to move is right.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I had a 192. Loved it . Dual Consoles with big hard tops and below deck spaces on the 30 plus footers are very nice boats. If I had the budget maybe I consider a 33 footer, but at that size to me the express is the boat for me.

I could not believe the 225 is going away. That was a bit of a stunner for me.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not surprised the 225 is going away.....the introduction of the 215 and 235 (and the built in platform/euro transom) rendered the 225 obsolete.

It's had a good run...13 years in its current configuration.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I had a 20' dual console for nearly 20 years before sold and got this 25 sailfish WA. The dual console was ok and did well, but I have to say I really like the WA better. Maybe because I am older, but love the ability to go down into the cabin, use the bathroom, wash up in the sink when it is 100 degrees and clean my glasses, grab a nice dry clean towel, store all my gear/tackle, get out of the sun for a few moments, etc.

I can't imagine going away from this to a center or dual console.