330 Express RPMs

DreamCatcher

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Grady I bought last year. When I sea trialled the boat there was a problem with the plugs so she didn't turn up. The boat was in Florida and I am from NJ. So they fixed the plugs and I had a surveyor check it out. They told me she turned up to 5800. I never thought about how much trim they used. Anyway long story short. I turn 5400 with 3 bars of trim, which is where they sound right. I have spoken to Yamaha about this. While everyone says it is with in spec they all agreed they would like to see more. Between 5800 and 6000. I spoke to Grady. They said they turned 5900 with no bottom paint, half a tank of fuel, 2 people and no equipment so they were not surprised about the 5400. I always believe that Yamahas should be in the higher range. I have the 16x17 props that Grady puts on all of the 350's

So my question is this. What is everyone else turning up? Has anyone else had a similar situation and found a fix? Any suggestions?

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
bring it to the top of the trim range and you will get more rpms. at 2 bars standing, my antivents are just parallel with the surface of the water. but, performance numbers aren't established under the worst conditions. so, as soon as you move off of their model, you will likely increase or decrease performance. i run 54 to 55 trimmed out, fully wet. good luck, ron

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I do not know if the PO replaced the factory props or not but I'm running 16.25 X 19 Saltwater Series XL on my 350's and get 5700 RPMs WOT.