2000 232 Gulfstream live fishwell fills up with water when r

Hammertime

Reaction score
I noticed my fishwell fills up with water when the boat is running. the water comes from the high pressure hose, not from the drain, just to clarify.. Is there a shutoff valve for that or a check valve to prevent this from happening or is this normal. I dont really have an issue with seawater coming into the livewell when running becauser it quickly drains out, but I cant store towels or anything that cant get wet inside the well when not in use..

bea5454

Reaction score
Re: 2000 232 Gulfstream live fishwell fills up with water wh

The live well fills from the live well thru-hull. If left open the live well will fill when underway. Close the seacock located aft and you will eliminate that problem. You should regularly work (open/shut) the thru-hulls to keep them from sticking and keep them closed if/when the boat is stored in water and you are not utilizing the thru-hull.

Hammertime

Reaction score

bea5454 said:
The live well fills from the live well thru-hull. If left open the live well will fill when underway. Close the seacock located aft and you will eliminate that problem. You should regularly work (open/shut) the thru-hulls to keep them from sticking and keep them closed if/when the boat is stored in water and you are not utilizing the thru-hull.

Do you know where the seacock is located for that well..

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish

I believe it is under the stern seat. It is a stretch to get down there to turn them on and off.

bea5454

Reaction score

There should be two under the stern seat -- live well and raw water wash down. The 2006 had livewell and corresponding seacock on the port side, washdown and its seacock to starboard. Mine had the extension arms with ball on the end with access through an aft pull-down hatch, but I know the 2000 had a different seat configuration, so not exactly sure re access.

Rustygaff

Reaction score

I usually keep all of the thru-hull seacocks closed when the boat is not being used as a safety precaution.

Peahead

Reaction score

Hammertime said:
bea5454 said:

Do you know where the seacock is located for that well..

Seacock shut off is under the stern seat as others have said . Both the raw water washdown and livewell seacock shut off are down there in the bilge near stern - just reach down and turn the lever off when not using. As others have pointed out for saftey reason I always turn them both off when not in use, running home included and for sure once I am moored. I have only my 2000 seafarer 228G now ( sold the 232) and that model uses stainless seacock arms that reach down to the seacocks because with the stern live well in place on the seafarer you need the arms to access the secocks to open and close them.