Seafarer Transom Bracket with swim platform

UCPA111

Reaction score
Hey all. I am looking to add a bracket to the transom of my boat. I want to mount a 250 yamaha or honda. I am curious if anyone has dimensions on their bracket for this boat? I got a price from a couple places and want to investigate having one made locally for comparison. I am sure I'd need to supply some prints.

Specifically, I am looking to add a bracket with swim platform and the bracket needs to be a floatation style.

Thanks in advance if you can help or steer me in the right direction.

RTNEPTUNE

Reaction score
You shouldn't need prints . The builder will need to know what degree the transom is . I think it's 18 degrees on the seafarer . They may need to know what the weight of the engine is going to be . I just got done installing a bracket on my 90 226 seafarer for a 250hp E-tec . Mine doesn't have the swim platform , I bought mine used . The builder will also need to know the width
of the platform . The builder will instruct you on how to mount your bracket . I have instructions from two bracket companies , if you want copies PM me with your email address I can send them to you . One of the companies is Armstrong who makes many flotation brackets .

UCPA111

Reaction score
Thanks. I was concerned about setback and the mounting plate location for the motor and "rise" as I move away from the transom. I have some details from Armstrong and A&J marine on mounting and some generic information. If someone out there had one of these brackets and wanted to make a print or get some dimensions, it would provide some confidence in doing it locally.

I wasn't looking at a marine focused welder to fabricate....just someone local with good AL welding skills.

I may just go with Armstrong or A&J at the end of the day to be sure it's right. I don't want to have a $2500 anchor.... :)

Thanks again for the insight!

RTNEPTUNE

Reaction score
I would go with a company that actually makes them . I know for a fact that it would cost me more money to have a welder in my location to fabricate one from scratch .

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
RTNEPTUNE said:
I would go with a company that actually makes them . I know for a fact that it would cost me more money to have a welder in my location to fabricate one from scratch .

I would agree with this as well. Armstrong is a well known company that does this as a business. Why take the chance of hoping your local guy gets it right.