Installing/Replacing Hardtop?

teaklejr

Reaction score
I need to replace the existing fiberglass hardtop on my 1997 Tigercat do to water intrusion from where the outriggers were mounted. It appears water has enter threw the large hole where the outriggers go through the fiberglass top and has started to rot it away. I noticed about a year ago small drips of water coming from the corner of hardtop and this year looked into it and now you can compress the fiberglass by the riggers just by pushing down and it seems both corners flex easily if I rock them up and down. I took the outrigger bases off and can see how much water is in between the core part. I don't really think it's going to just snap off anytime soon but love the boat and still plan on having her for a few more years. I contacted WMW marine and they can get me just the fiberglass top for $2200.00 but I will need to pick it up and install myself. Just curious if anyone has replaced there's and how difficult it was. Does not look hard just need to get it lined up perfect and then silicon around the aluminum frame. They can ship it to me but it will cost almost another $1000.00, I only like about 350 miles from them so makes more sense to me just to pick it up. Need to figure out how to bring it back on a trailer without screwing it up. Any extra info would be great.

Reactions: Seafarer228

gw204

Reaction score
F that. Any local glass shop should be able to repair the existing top for way less.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I tend to agree. Why install another balsa cored hard top? Shop around. I think you can beat that price with installation.

teaklejr

Reaction score
I think I will call around and see what some local businesses have to offer. I am also worried about buying the top from WMW marine just to get home and find out it does not fit just right then be out the money on the top.