Hey Guys: Windshield Wiper question '99 sailfish

Gianni

Reaction score
Hey guys, went out yesterday in a very choppy day... Turned on my wipers and the blades are shot ( for a '99 sail fish- anyone know what size or supplier to use?) Also, i had another issue with them, after the switch is back in neutral, the left wiper will not shut off. Any ideas of what this could be?

Thanks in advance

Sharkbait282

Reaction score
I went with an AFI product, AFI #33021S, which is a stainless steel frame and a blade proclaimed to be "marine" grade. I found this through Jamestown Distributors, after the other 20" non-marine prescribed replacement blade usually referenced through NAPA is no longer available (at least that I could find).

Any 20" stainless or marine grade framed wiper is going to work, HOWEVER, you will find that you might need to do some manipulation to the end of the wiper arm to secure the new wiper blade. On our 2002 282 Sailfish (not so far removed from yours), this included unbolting some parts and figuring a new way to drill and fit the wiper wash down.

As to the switch, it's a 3 way switch with Off in the middle position. If one wiper remains on, even though you're definitely in the middle position, I'd say you're in need of a new switch. Sounds like a short.

Fishtales

Reaction score
measure one or better yet take one with you to the auto parts store. check Anco truck refills. you can swap them out pretty easy once you get the length down.
check the switch first. sounds like a water intrusion problem. May be able to force some WD into the switch and drive the water out.