cabin window curtains

ttles714

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the cabin window curtains .. ( 2007 Marlin) ?? Seams like there are plastic guides sewn into the curtains, but i cant figure out how to remove them .. Do I need to remove the screws that hold the track into the window valance ??

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I removed mine when I first bought my boat and I can tell you it is much easier to remove than to re-install. Tight quarters!

The last nylon slide of each curtain has a square locking nut on both sides of it to hold it in place at the end of the track. Loosen (don't unscrew completely) the two nuts on one curtain and the inside nut on the other one and both curtains will slide off one end of the track. To re-install, reverse process and tighten screws. I have long arms and it took some effort.

ttles714

Reaction score
Thank you ... I will give it a try when I am back at the boat.

Jimmyfire19

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Does anyone know where to get replacement cabin curtains for 2005 300 Marlin ?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
II did mine this past season and here is the info on what you need for a decent replacement - I had looked online and the only thing I could find were custom curtains that were very expensive

DMSE Wholesale Eye Type Curtain Slide Curtain Carriers Glides Sliders Slide, and Rollers Type C (56 Pack)
50 PCS Curtain Clips Heavy-Duty Hook Clip Set, Stainless Steel Clips
DONREN 2 Pack Blackout Window Valances( 2 12x42" Main cabin), (2 15x42" Head)
Have to admit i would rather be fishing than hanging curtains but it did improve the appearance and smell of the cabin!
1638899201693.jpeg

Last edited:

Peterb21

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a 2003 Sailfish 282. Call Lee at A&J Canvas. They made the window curtains for Grady and have some of the patterns. I ended up sending mine old ones down to them and then duplicated them for me like new. Not inexpensive but they did a nice job. Give Lee your hull number and she can cross reference it to an original pattern.

A&J Canvas
2450 Streets Ferry Road
Vanceboro, NC 28586
252-244-1509

Krcook

Reaction score
I removed mine off 06 Marlin to clean, tried everything and could not get black mold spots off. Never re-installed. Actually like the look without better. Why do you need them?