key for overboard discharge

ttles714

Reaction score
just purchased a 2007 Marlin .. Seams that the key for the overboard discharge is missing .. any ideas ?? the LED type gauge, black 4'' panel is located in the head . there is also a Wema water gauge located in the head. I am not sure what that is for or if it is a factory item ..

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
You may have to access the back of the unit to hopefully find a number to have a key made. Or maybe someone around has a Marlin and you could try their key. The gauge is for your fresh water tank level.

abielecki

Reaction score
Hi Looks like you are in NJ, where?
My marlin is in LBI, we could try my key...

Andrew
(908) 963-1997

Attachments

• Head control IMG_5024.jpg
    Head control IMG_5024.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 928

ttles714

Reaction score
Again ...Thank you ! I just purchased the boat , an "07" Marlin .. Some of these systems are a little new to me or I never had to deal with them on my older Marlin. ... I am in the process of winter lay up .. I am working on flushing the generator "heat exchanger" with fresh water and then a dose of antifreeze. The A/C unit is out of the boat for repair. The A/C repair company told me it may not be repairable and that it was a unite specifically manufactured for GW. Something about the location of the air return .. I have to take a better look. My intent was to install a Dometic 6K BTU unit .. Now not sure ..

ttles714

Reaction score
Andrew .. Thanks .. I will take a look when I am back in Waretown ... They gave me a southco key that goes in but does not turn the lock .. does your key say south-co on it .

ttles714

Reaction score
do you know who manufactures this control ??

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
ttles714 said:
do you know who manufactures this control ??

I would open mid cabin access to head tank and check to see what brand, model macerater pump is, probably Groco. Check their web site with model #. I think you will need to see if there is a number code on the back of the lock mechanism. With that #, you should be able to order a key or have one made. I'm sure there are only a limited number of keys made for that system. I needed a new key for my cabin, got the number and found there are only about 20 variations.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
devil's advocate: the key may be missing for a reason.

was this surveyed and if so, what did the surveyor have to say about it? do they have the key?

you should be able to get the key code (i can't remember if it is on the inside or the bezel). at worst you can buy a new panel. GW may be able to help.

good luck, ron

ttles714

Reaction score
thank you ! I saw the price of that unit !!! LOL ... I am sure that when it goes bad or I can't get a key I will be figuring something else out ... On my older Marlin with the Groco electronic display I wound up replacing the unit with 2 rocker switches, a Wema USA sender and gauge. All under 100 bucks and worked great . Then I replace the troublesome Grocco in tank maceration pump with an external Jabsco macerator pump .. worked great and I my bi- yearly ritual of diving into the tank ENDED !!!

Fishtales

Reaction score
The panel is call a Tank Manager. It is made by Dometic in OH. Cust Service is 800.321.9886.
I bet they are all keyed alike. Call them and they likely will send you out one.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
there is literally nothing behind that panel. the quoted price has to be for the entire system. understand B.O.A.T. but that's just nuts. ron

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Fishtales said:
The panel is call a Tank Manager. It is made by Dometic in OH. Cust Service is 800.321.9886.
I bet they are all keyed alike. Call them and they likely will send you out one.

If they aren't all keyed alike, I bet there are limited variations. That's why I suggested trying another Marlin owners key.

ElyseM said:
there is literally nothing behind that panel. the quoted price has to be for the entire system. understand B.O.A.T. but that's just nuts. ron

The description states it includes control panel and control module. Still very pricey though...

ttles714

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the information ... Dometic is sending me a key . She said its the same key for all ..UNLESS GW specified a different key , she did not know .. $8.00 for key and $ 8 to ship

Fishtales

Reaction score
Good to hear. Good luck with the boat. It really is a sled in the water for it's size.

ttles714

Reaction score
Thanks.... I did not get a chance to do anything with this boat other than winterize and explore a little ... Its a little different than my 2001 Marlin ( I knew the 01 pretty well and added a lot of upgrades thru the years. .. I just put a post on "Modifications and tips" about the batteries ... If you care to take a look .. Thanks again