Cabin fishing pole storage rack - 300 Marlin - Help!

Mydream

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Purchased my 2002 Marlin 300, and noticed that I am missing the fishing pole racks as you see in the picture depicted with arrows. I am certain I can make these out of king starboard myself, and was wondering if someone would be able to post or email me a traced outline of the racks. Or if someone has a descent Grady White dealer that doesn't charge an arm and a leg to get one of these.

Thank you in advance for the consideration.

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/10 ... e&iso=true

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Forget about matching the "Grady" design... how do YOU want them to be? You're in a good position - you said you're comfortable making them and have a blank canvas. From that picture you posted, alone, it should be very easy to make a template. Make it out of cardboard or, even better, purple foam board insulation. But the key here is you can design them any way you want to. There is absolutely zero benefit/reason to have them perfectly match the Grady design. You get to make it as good as, or probably better, than original.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Agree. If they are the cabin rod racks, pretty easy to make.
That being said, I think they get in the way as the space is pretty small to start.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I see one thing that I would not copy, right off the bat. Looks like they put the two reels together on each tier, making the rack stick out further than if you put one reel at each end.