Graybeard:

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Since you have posted your Marlin search with several different topics, I figured I'd start a new one so as not to de-rail your others.

First, congrats on finally finding a suitable Marlin.

Second: Have you ever docked/handled a boat this big? If you have, read no further and good luck with the boat.

If you haven't, it'll be a whole other world compared to your Freedom. As I recall, your Bowrider is a single engine.

Rather than go into concepts and detail here, I would advise hiring a Captain or someone you know that is knowledgeable to take you out after you buy and show you the different docking scenarios; Twin engine close-quarter maneuvering, accounting for wind/current, sterning in techniques, Bowthruster use,(if applicable) etc.

This will make your ownership experience much more enjoyable and can potentially save your gelcoat.

I pass this on from experience...I wish I had someone show me early on..It's been 10 years for me with twins and I'm still learning stuff.

Again, my apologies for this topic if your familiar with handling a large boat. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Graybeard

Reaction score
Well thanks brother! Yes my current boat is a single engine and I had to learn how to back it into my slip. I had more problems getting out of the slip because of the narrow channel between the docks. And yes I have been at the helm of bigger twin engine boats before, but I’m sure I’ll have some excitement backing into my new and bigger slip at the marina!