SeaDek for Bolsters?

UCPA111

Reaction score
As I'm refurbishing my boat, I am looking at new cockpit bolsters. I found this SeaDek product that is a foam with adhesive backing. The boat will be stored indoors and out of water when not in use 10-20 times per summer. Anyone have experience with this product? I am intrigued by it....but am not sure if it's robust or not?
http://www.seadek.com/c-8-coaming-bolsters.aspx

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have not used it personally. I do know that SeaDek puts out first cabin products. I frequent another boat forum that has a member that installed them and posted pictures. He says they are very tough and feel good leaning on them. In my mind they have a sort of industrial look and don't really keep with the other furnishings on the boat. If you will notice that SeaDek themselves say in their ad that they are made for "comfort, durability and ease of installation". The question of aesthetics was skipped over and indeed is subject to every persons taste. I would suggest you go to a boat show and check them out before you leap. I'm quite sure you would be happy with the quality and functionality but you could spend a wad and cringe every time you walk up to the boat. I know this is of little help but just letting you know what would be my trail of soul-searching.

M1onjSXh.jpg

Fishtales

Reaction score
There are videos on the web on this stuff. It looks easy to customize and install. No idea on how it holds up, but I would imagine well. If it isn't crazy from a cost perspective I see no issues with the product.

slcarley

Reaction score
SeaDek for replacement bolsters are awesome and relatively inexpensive - the product is very durable - they looked sharp - I went 2 tone. The only drawback I can think of is the aren't nearly as comfortable as "padded" bolsters