GW 223 Windshield Removal

Greyduk

Reaction score
How difficult is it to remove and reinstall the windshield from a 223 Tournament? I am considering this to be able to get it in a carport. I don't really want to but looking for alternatives. Thanks.

Greyduk

Reaction score
DennisGO1, Thanks for the reply. I just today got a figure to raise the carport which was $6200. That is no longer an option with that number. I would probably only remove the windshield once,do the work, which might take a month or two at my pace, but would then replace and probably not need to do it again.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I guess it's not close enough that you can just let some air out of the tires and lower the trailer tongue as you back in?

I haven't removed a windshield from your exact model, but really, a windshield is a windshield is a windshield. Peel back that rubber/foam strip that is at the base of the windshield (outside) and you'll see screws. You may find that some of them are through-bolted instead, but "usually" that's only at the ends, if at all. But that's pretty much it in a nutshell. The reason I asked "how often" is that it's not something you want to be doing a lot since every time a screw comes out and back into fiberglass, the screw tends to lose just a tiny bit of it's "grip" since it can chew up the fiberglass "threads". I wouldn't worry about doing it once or twice - it's more of a cumulative effect.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd talk to GW Cust Service and see what they say. The last thing you probably want to do is damage or undo something that can be done again.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Fishtales said:
Hi,
I'd talk to GW Cust Service and see what they say. The last thing you probably want to do is damage or undo something that can be done again.

Just an FYI from someone that's done it a number of times (maybe you have to, I don't know)... It's actually a pretty straight forward thing. Other than doing something stupid like dropping the windshield pieces on the floor or running into them with something while they're stored somewhere, it's nothing to worry about. It comes off, it goes back on.

Greyduk

Reaction score
DennisGO1, Thanks, that helps my confidence level to hear you say that.