1998 22 tournament 225hp yamaha

mel

Reaction score
hello grady owners , just getting back into boating . i’ve had an old 19 tournament which i loved sold it while ago. found a 98 22 tournament with a 225 yamaha 2stroke on a braket . it is in excellent condition . 300 or so hours . has nice newer electronics , and new yamaha guages . dual gas tanks ladder seats all cousions are mint condition . sits on a like new 2013 aluminum double axle trailer . asking $17,9 my questions are is this price high ? what should i be looking at ? common problems with this hull year etc ? just home from boston boat show and grady salesman was awesome answered alot of questions . looking for any general knowledge of this boat .... thank you

seasick

Reaction score
mel said:
hello grady owners , just getting back into boating . i’ve had an old 19 tournament which i loved sold it while ago. found a 98 22 tournament with a 225 yamaha 2stroke on a braket . it is in excellent condition . 300 or so hours . has nice newer electronics , and new yamaha guages . dual gas tanks ladder seats all cousions are mint condition . sits on a like new 2013 aluminum double axle trailer . asking $17,9 my questions are is this price high ? what should i be looking at ? common problems with this hull year etc ? just home from boston boat show and grady salesman was awesome answered alot of questions . looking for any general knowledge of this boat .... thank you
My advice is always the same. If you are serious, have it professionally surveyed including a moisture test. To that add a motor survey.
It is impossible to say if the price is decent without knowing a lot more about the vessel.
BTW, unless you get a readout of the hours from the motor, any numbers you are given are to be treated as probably inaccurate.

Greyduk

Reaction score
mel, I just bought what is essentially the same boat in December. It is a 99 and has a 200 Yamaha SW II with 390 hours. I had a survey done and everything checked out good. It is in great shape cosmetically, with the bottom having never been painted. It did not have the updated electronics that the one you are looking at has, so that probably adds at least $1000 to $1500. Based on what I saw when I was trying to find one, this appears to be a fair price. There is a boat in Va. now that is not nearly as nice as the one you are looking at and their asking price is $23,995. They won't get nearly that but that shows what the price range can be. Hope that helps out.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mel - in that part of the country, that's pretty close to what I'd expect it to be advertised for given the age.

If you want to travel, I'll make you a good deal on a 2000 with a 225 OX66, brand new electronics, new trailer and new canvas. And freshly detailed. :grin:

Good luck with your search....