Help needed adjusting tilt/trim sender

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I recently bought a fresh off the press Yami F225 4.2 liter. The tilt/trim sender is not set right and the gauge is a mile off. Looking at the sender it is different than my old 3.3 liter 225. It had a cam that clamped on the pivot tube and you just loosened a screw and rotated the cam till it was calibrated properly. I thought maybe on this one the sender itself may rotate but upon loosening the mounting screws there didn't appear to be slots for any adjustment. I haven't got a service manual yet so I was hoping someone here has been down this road and would shed some light on this for me. Appreciate any help.
By the way I am using the old round digital gauges.

Reaction score
Try this and let me know if it works. I found this on a site somewhere and did not get to try it yet, mine are off about 1-2 bars and it drives me nuts.
GL
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Trim Guage reset

You need to set the trim angle in the gauge by having it find zero.

From the Yamaha rigging guide Command Link Multifunction Meter Installation Guide Section 5 Setting the Initial Setting

Fully trim the motor down
1 Turn the engine off and the engine start switch to ON
2 Press MODE (4 seconds) to activate the custom mode
3 Press MODE (1 second) to switch between the setting function numbers and to switch to the zero adjustment display.
Gauge will display 01 (resetting maintenance intervals)

Press MODE (1 second)
Gauge will display 02 (setting trim angle)

Press SET and MODE (1 second) at the same time to adjust the trim angle to zero using the current trim position as the standard value and return to the normal display.

It's a lot easier with the square gauges.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. The instructions are for the Command Link gauges, which I don't have. I was afraid that the new style might adjust electronically instead of manually. My gauge is so far off that when I have it trimmed for normal cruising angle the bars go completely to the top . To see a little clear space above the top bar I have to trim all the way down. I will check and see if there are any adjustments available on this older style gauge but I doubt it.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have the same set up as you with twin 250s, but mine were set by the dealer on install.

Here is a link that shows how to program the engine using a NMEA connection to your GPS. If you go to the end of the article it shows the menu with the trim adjustment. It also says that it may be easier to take it to a dealer as they have electronic tools/gauges that they use to make the adjustments. Good luck