bolster replacement 208 massachusetts

boslaw

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm looking for someone in MA (preferably north shore) to re-do my cockpit bolsters. I've seen the DIY threads and I'm not sure I want to take on the work.

Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
boslaw said:
Hi everyone. I'm looking for someone in MA (preferably north shore) to re-do my cockpit bolsters. I've seen the DIY threads and I'm not sure I want to take on the work.

Thanks
Take it from me, you don't want to take on the task:) Been there, done that and it was a heck of a job since I wanted to duplicate the original design. I had to order materials from at least 5 different vendors. As a guideline, my cost 4 years ago for materials was about $300 and I also had to purchase a used industrial sewing machine. In those days, I was more adventurous. Not so much these days:)

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I bought custom coaming bolsters from Sea Dek Marine Products. I removed the Grady bolsters and the mounting hardware and these ones from Sea Dek are self adhesive. Look great. I used the white with the bimini blue backing. They were somewhere around $250 for both. To remove the old bolsters, lay on the deck and look up at the bottom of the bolsters. You should see three little screw heads. If you can't see them, just feel around and you can expose them. Remove these screws and the bolsters will pop off the mounting hardware from the bottom up. Give Sea Dek the measurements and they will make them up for you. http://www.seadek.com/c-8-coaming-bolsters.aspx

seasick

Reaction score
The screws may not be obvious. You access them through the drain grommets on the bottom side of the bolsters.
As to replacements, some models have straight sections and later models have bolsters that wrap around the back transom side.Also the replacements mentioned are straight and not wrap around if you need that style. Plain material is a less expensive than the pleated OEM style.
Good luck