2001 265 Express seat backs...

Sea monkey

Reaction score
After using the 265 for a season,(bought it in May 2013), one of the biggest issues my crew had was not sliding out of helm in rough seas. After some care full consideration I had these horseshoe seat backs made. The are removeable if needed but the mounts are not. After that, I had new cushions designed and fabricated so that the sink, livewell and cooler would all still open fully and easily with out removing any cushions.

I would love to add the phots but keep getting the message,"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

If someone could explain how to add them I will....

Steds83

Reaction score
Please try to post pics. I have often thought this would be a great addition. What was cost? Thanks.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I would love to see pics too.

Sea monkey

Reaction score
Re: 2001 265 Express seat backs...PICS ADDED

Okay, got some help from the site Admin, thank you and was able to add pics... Simple horseshoe seat back with a single cuhion on the starboard side, it is easily reversible so the cooler can be used while fishing and can be switched to forward facing for running in/out. Double sided on the port side and the cushions have all be altered a bit with some tapering & shortening so everything works (livewell, sink & cooler) while fishing. The only cushion that was not altered was the forward port that is on the foldable seat. Last modification this season will be the new Lebroc helm chair.... On order and being made now.... I can't wait for that.

Attachments

• seat back with cushions crop.jpg
    seat back with cushions crop.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 4,939
  • seat backs croped.jpg
    seat backs croped.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 4,932

Sea Shift

Reaction score
That looks great!!! Thanks for sticking with the pics. Very nice. Are the brackets custome or re-purposed?

Sea monkey

Reaction score
Sea Shift said:
That looks great!!! Thanks for sticking with the pics. Very nice. Are the brackets custome or re-purposed?

The brackets were custom and we kept them the height of the seat back cushions to keep the lines....

Sketchywind

Reaction score
Do you have pics of the bracket receiver and the seat bracket? I like to try to fab a set for my 265.
Thanks!
Frank

fish_hunter

Reaction score
sea Monkey,
love your port side cup holder, is that a custom creation or can I order that somewhere?

thanks,
Eric

girt

Reaction score
Sea Monkey,
That is nice work on the seats. I have a 2001 265 and would like to do something similar. How did you install the bracket mounts? do you have to get access under the seats by removing the livewell and storage locker?

Thanks,
Girt

Sea Shift

Reaction score
I too would be interested in the base mount. Have they been holding up?

girt

Reaction score
SeaShift, I had some fabricated and they turned out great. It really does make the seating better. I will get pictures and post them with the mounts.

girt

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the seat backs for the port and starboard side of my 2001 265 Express

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,156
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,158
  • IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,154

girt

Reaction score
Sorry, I am not sure why the photos rotated. Hopefully you will be able to at least get an idea. I had pieces of plastic and foam installed on each side of the seats to give support and cushion. The seats are removable and the base is fixed. Not sure what the base is called but it looks similar to a rod holder.

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pictures Girt, really appreciate it. Did they have to drill through your livewell lining to install the gimble mount? Any chance you can post a picture without the cushions to see how the seat attaches to the mount? Do you have measurements of how wide the seat is as well as the thickness of the aluminum? Would love to install these on my 265, but not quite sure how to on the port side with drilling into the livewell. The starb side seems easy to drill the mount into the storage compartment, but worry about compromising the livewell. Really appreciate you following up with this.

girt

Reaction score
TunaHunter,
On the port side I drilled holes in the top of the livewell. I was concerned about this but it actually isn't a big deal. The bases and seat supports go into the livewell about 12 inches. You could make it shorter but I wanted to have some support. For when the seat backs are removed, I purchased four drain plugs from a hardware store and they work great to either keep rain water out or keep livewell water in. Below are pictures of the holes I drilled but I don't have pictures of the bases. My boat is at the NC coast right now and I am near Charlotte, NC (150 miles). The bases are very similar to rod holders on the gunwale except they are perpendicular and not angled. I had a piece of aluminum welded across the bottom to stop the seat backs for sliding down farther but to still allow water to drain. I think the holes were 15 inches on center apart. I may be wrong though. Where I have the seats mounted allows the livewell and bait station to be used with out removing the seats. The starboard seat back has to be removed to allow the starboard storage door to be lifted but they are extremely easy to remove and replace. It took some time and coordinating to do this but i think it was worth the effort.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,034

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
Thanks for the come back! Next time your at the boat do you mind snapping a photo of the bases and the entire seat back? Really appreciate it and definitely been wanting to make this modification on my 265.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
seat%20back%20with%20cushions%20crop2_zpss2n9rjgm.jpg

IMG_0419-4_zps9lv7ahtz.jpg

IMG_0420-3_zpsfei5t4fz.jpg

IMG_0384-6_zpssigmxdcf.jpg

IMG_0383-7_zpsupmpsw2z.jpg

IMG_0379-5_zpsinz1ixpe.jpg

Reactions: SkunkBoat

girt

Reaction score
I forgot to get pictures of the base mounts but did measure the width for the base holes. They are 13 1/8 inches on center.

bartoma

Reaction score
Wanted to revive this thread - it's something I like to eventually do...

It appears one approach is surface mount rail base, while the other is more like a flush socket mount... I'd favor the latter, just to have the mounting HW flush, but I'd worry about cutting holes...

Are the originals still watching this thread? Or has anyone else done this?