Raymarine SL72 display

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The SL72 soft keys work but the range, gain and tracking pad etc. do not. Did a system reset to no avail and now since I can't adjust the range or gain the display is so small I can't see it. I know it is old but for what I use the boat for it still work well, I [album][/album]don't want to and/or can't afford to replace the entre system now.

Anyone know if there is a analog display that will work with my radar or maybe why the buttons won't work?

seasick

Reaction score
You probably did this but just in case...

There are three types of reset available for the display:
• Factory Reset: This resets all values back to their original factory settings.CAUTION:The factory reset clears the Marks database and, on the SL72RC PLUSchartplotter, the Waypoints and Routes databases.
• Power-On Reset: When you turn the display off and on again, the screen reverts to the fishfinder or chart picture with all windows cleared.
• Picture Reset: Press and hold the DISPLAY key for two seconds to return the screen to the full-screen picture of the top window with all windowscleared.At power-on, the last-used values are retained for all the options, except for those listed in the following table which are reset to the factory default each time.Table 9-1:ItemHeading ModeRainFTCAlarmZoomWindowsContrast LevelBacklight Level➤ To perform a factory reset:1. Press MENU .2. Press the SYSTEM SET UP soft key to display the System Set Up page (see Section 7.3 for details).3. Press and hold MENU for 5 seconds.A countdown timer is displayed. If you release the MENU key before the timer reaches zero, the reset is not performed.When the reset request has been accepted, the system restarts

ttles714

Reaction score
Raymarine has a great forum where Raymarine techs answer all questions. I am a pathfinder guy !!! For what I need these older electronics do just fine. Maybe I don't know any better, but I like them !! (path finder series chart plotter, auto pilot, fish finder, radar.) I have gotten some excellent support from the techs at the Raymarine forum. There are always units on E-Bay and Craigs List that can be had for a reasonable price.

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ttles714 said:
Raymarine has a great forum where Raymarine techs answer all questions. I am a pathfinder guy !!! For what I need these older electronics do just fine. Maybe I don't know any better, but I like them !! (path finder series chart plotter, auto pilot, fish finder, radar.) I have gotten some excellent support from the techs at the Raymarine forum. There are always units on E-Bay and Craigs List that can be had for a reasonable price.

I was able to fix it myself, the ribbon connector for all the buttons was disconnected. Once I put that in it worked. I did go to the Raymarine forum and actually called, got zero response on the forum and when I called they basically told me they can't fix it, won't find parts, look on ebay for a used console or just buy a new system.

Will not buy another Raymarine product ever after the experience with the very unhappy gentleman I spoke to.