Grady Helm chair replacement

bc282

Reaction score
my '02 282 Sailfish could use a couple of new capt's chairs and i've seen several other similar posts.
perhaps someone that has a line on Grady replacement chairs/seats can start a group buy?

any connected volunteer(s)? :D

suzukidave

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of wise 562 helm seats from iboats to replace the factory rotomolded things on the 223. I have had one on my 190 for eight years and it still looks sharp and has held up very well. from this old post it sounds like it is a close physical match for grady helm chairs. the nice part is that if you buy the bare seat and bare cushions separately then the combined price for a cushioned chair is only us$160 and they qualify for cheap shipping.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19287

Green Mountain Grady

Reaction score
I have a 1991 Tournament 225 and looking to replace the helm and navigator seat as it still has the original molded plastic seats and hardware (that no longer works). I'd like to go with a ladder back style of seating, has anyone gone through this process? I'm concerned about width. Thanks for the help.

suzukidave

Reaction score
the wise chair referenced in my post is a ladderback very similar to a grady oem (the cushions can be swapped). it fits my 1994 223 nicely as to width.

suzukidave

Reaction score
i just ordered the wise ladderback seats for the 223 but i have had the same model in the helm position in my tournament 190 for years (it replaced a plastic tub seat) so with the two boats next to each other and a tape measure it was easy for me to confirm the seats will fit and are in fact the same size as the molded seats. as for difference, i think the ladderback seats look a lot better and the cushions have more padding and are more comfortable and they don't collect rainwater.

bc282

Reaction score
suzukidave, how's the color match of the 562 chair and cushions to the "Grady Creme" ?

suzukidave

Reaction score
bc282 said:
suzukidave, how's the color match of the 562 chair and cushions to the "Grady Creme" ?

good question. i have replacement cushions on both boats. the 223 cushions are a near perfect match for a
seaquest chalk sample i ordered. if that is factory then the 562 cushion is a little bit whiter/brighter but not enough for me to care. the 562 seat is a close match for the grady molded bucket seats colour but not for grady ladder seats I've seen which are more yellow.

if i remember i'll grab a photo side by side for you.

suzukidave

Reaction score
here is a photo. the cushion on left is seaquest chalk which i have read here is close to grady stock. it also looks a lot cleaner in person!

Attachments

• IMG_0175 1.JPG
    IMG_0175 1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,950