272 Sailfish Pump

fellinger

Reaction score
Has anyone here added a pump out or macerator to the starboard under seat fish box on a 272 Sailfish or similar boat? Was the job difficult?

Thanks

fellinger

Reaction score
I have searched and cannot find anything about adding a macerator to the fish box. I guess over the winter I'll just check around below deck and see if I can easily access the drain hose and find a location for a pump. I want the pump because the big scales from striped bass clog the the drain.

ahill

Reaction score
Misread your post, I thought you were referencing an external macerator for the holding tank.
Remove the aft cabin floor and look for a place to mount the pump.
You will need a thru hull fitting for the exit from the pump. There should be enough room to install the fitting above the waterline.

fellinger

Reaction score
ahill said:
Misread your post, I thought you were referencing an external macerator for the holding tank.
Remove the aft cabin floor and look for a place to mount the pump.
You will need a thru hull fitting for the exit from the pump. There should be enough room to install the fitting above the waterline.

Thanks. I have an overboard drain already. I just wasn't sure how complicated accessing the tubing or mounting the pump would be. I know the boxes were made to drain without a pump but, I'd like to be able to evacuate it fast and take care of any scales/slime.