Grady White Wahoo (1981)

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Look amazing! I really enjoy these threads f restoring repowering older boats!!! Hopefully it gives you the enjoyment and memories of a lifetime great job and please keep updating the pictures!

captlif

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the kind remarks! Hopefully I will be putting her back in the water this weekend. I will post some more pics as soon as I do! Hopefully I will have some big Striper pics to add too!

dwtanner

Reaction score
How's it going on the Wahoo refit. What kind of paint did you use? We had to make a rail repair and we are currently waiting on our carburetor to get rebuilt before we run it again.

We had low fuel flow and 2 of the 4 barrels in the carburetor weren't getting any gas, but in freshwater we hit 23 knots @ 3200 rpm. I think the fuel flow problem was caused by a nasty blockage in the carburetor strainer. Later in the week to next week should be another lake trial.

Thanks

Daniel

Barbender

Reaction score
Great pics. I too love the restoration of these classics and I must admit that is one fine looking hull. Please post pics when she is done. Out of curiousity what does that kind of upgrade cost down there?

captlif

Reaction score
well boys its been a few years since my last update... looking for some ideas on how to refit the cabin. Anyone completely changed the cabin around on an older grady?