Windshield replacement??

siple

Reaction score
The previous owner replaced the front windshield of my '87 Tournament 19 with plastic... I would like to return to glass and am looking for info on how to take apart etc..Also the size of glass would be very helpful..Can somebody shed some light on this topic.. Thanks, Barry

Willy-C

Reaction score
siple said:
The previous owner replaced the front windshield of my '87 Tournament 19 with plastic... I would like to return to glass and am looking for info on how to take apart etc..Also the size of glass would be very helpful..Can somebody shed some light on this topic.. Thanks, Barry

Barry, did you still need help with the glass replacement? I just recently replaced the front drivers side with tempered glass on mine.

seasick

Reaction score
Willy-C said:
siple said:

Barry, did you still need help with the glass replacement? I just recently replaced the front drivers side with tempered glass on mine.

Tempered for the sides is appropriate but not for the front windshield. If glass, it should be laminated.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Parthery said:
Taylor Made Systems may have the specs in stock.

http://www.taylormadesystems.com

yup. they make the factory glass. I'd be surprised if they didn't know the exact piece. Maybe talk to GW customer service and see if they can help with the disassembly/reassembly process. they must have had the need to do this once or twice in the plant...

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I just want to thank you for your help. I'm looking to replace the middle frame and glass that swings open to bow on a 1998 192 Tournament D/L. Your posts have given me hope.

Fishtales

Reaction score
A thought... Look in the corners of the glass. Usually the manufacture and potentially part number may be listed. You'll know who made the glass at a minimum and have a start point.

SeaVee

Reaction score
Marine Glass Specialties had what I needed for my 01 265 vent window, referred to them by TaylorMade.

Reactions: Willy-C