Transom Rod Holder

fellinger

Reaction score
Has anyone added a transom rod holder to a Sailfish? Under the battery seat is pretty damn tight. Looking to see how you made it happen if so.

Bokat

Reaction score
I just bought an 06 282 Sailfish that had a bracket with 6 rod holders on it. It is made by Anglers fish-N-mate (rodrack.com). It was screwed into the flat, vertical area behind the seat and just ahead of the motors. I removed it because I don't fish as seriously as I used to and I wanted the room in that area and one of the rod holders had broken off. If you go to that website and click on "Boat Console Racks" on the left side box you'll see with 3, 4 or 6 rod holder options. The boat I bought has enough rod holders on it already so I didn't need it. I looks like it would work good though.

fellinger

Reaction score
Bokat said:
I just bought an 06 282 Sailfish that had a bracket with 6 rod holders on it. It is made by Anglers fish-N-mate (rodrack.com). It was screwed into the flat, vertical area behind the seat and just ahead of the motors. I removed it because I don't fish as seriously as I used to and I wanted the room in that area and one of the rod holders had broken off. If you go to that website and click on "Boat Console Racks" on the left side box you'll see with 3, 4 or 6 rod holder options. The boat I bought has enough rod holders on it already so I didn't need it. I looks like it would work good though.

Thanks for the info! I know it can be done. I wanted to hear people's experiences with it.

krabill

Reaction score
I had this built for the back of my 25 Trophy Pro, it works well and I can still access the stern fish boxes. Cost me a couple hundred bucks from my welder.

Attachments

• rodholder.jpg
    rodholder.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 2,583

Bokat

Reaction score
Fellinger,

By the way, I put that rod holder back on the boat that I removed. I have used it for rods and it does not get in the way like I thought it would. I am going to keep it. I also may use it to support a shade over the cockpit.

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I'm removing my freshwater shower and placing 1 more swivel rod-holder in that spot on my Gulfstream. I'll figure out another spot for the shower.

fellinger

Reaction score
Bokat said:
Fellinger,

By the way, I put that rod holder back on the boat that I removed. I have used it for rods and it does not get in the way like I thought it would. I am going to keep it. I also may use it to support a shade over the cockpit.

Nice. Do you have a picture of it?

Bokat

Reaction score
No picture but I can take one when I go back to the boat which is about a 38 mile drive so it may be a few days before I can take a picture. Next challenge is remembering how to post photos. I took a leave of absence from the forum for a few years so I'll have to figure out how to post photos again.

fellinger

Reaction score
Bokat said:
No picture but I can take one when I go back to the boat which is about a 38 mile drive so it may be a few days before I can take a picture. Next challenge is remembering how to post photos. I took a leave of absence from the forum for a few years so I'll have to figure out how to post photos again.

Haha! Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

fellinger

Reaction score
Bokat said:
fellinger,

If you want send me your email address and I will send you the photos of the rod holder. bodunn96@gmail.com

This is probably the easiest way for me to get the photos to you right now.

Bo

Message send. Thank you!