New Fuel Tanks

Scottcra92

Reaction score
Been doing some research on the different companies in the Northeast that build USCG Certified fuel tanks. So far my list is as follows:

Luther's Welding in Bristol, RI
Alloy Metal Works in Farmingdale, NY
Patriot Marine in Forked River, NJ
SP Tanks in Barnegat, NJ
Atlantic Coast Welding in Bayville, NY

I have a 92 Sailfish 252 with the twin tanks. If anyone knows any other companies in this area that would be great! Thanks.

Reactions: Richard Szeg

BIG CATCH

Reaction score
I used Atlantic Coast Welding, I checked pricing elsewhere and they had very good prices for my 2 tanks, also had them epoxy coat them , from the time I sent my drawings to the time I received my tanks it was about 3 weeks, happy with what got, I think if I were going could do anything different, I would have had them put mounting brackets on them.

Capt Mas

Reaction score
Paul at Patriot is the best.....Has made 3 custom tanks for me and has always gone out of his way to help!
Mike Mas

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Curious where your tank failed ? and which one(s)? Thanks.

BIG CATCH

Reaction score
Grady sat the fuel tanks on neoprene pads which held water between them and the tank which caused them to corrode through leaking gas.

Scottcra92

Reaction score
I ended up going with SP tanks out of NJ. They did an amazing job with the tanks and I was impressed with their turnaround time. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for new tanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2515.JPG
    IMG_2515.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,068