Kicker questions for 2005 Escape 209

OldCarolina

Reaction score
We have decided to put a kicker on our 2005 Escape 209. Either a Suzuki or Yamaha high thrust 9.9.

We want a fixed bracket without question for offshore beating. We have looked at the Salt Boss and the Adventure Marine.

If anyone has a kicker on their Grady … I have a few questions.

Do these brackets need to be through-bolted? What shaft length do you use?

How is your steering setup? Remote throttle? Do you all have aux tank for it?

Any other thoughts/pictures would be greatly appreciated because we are going for it.

This is not to argue the merits of having a kicker or not. We need advice from Grady owners with a kicker to another who is going to get one.

Thanks in advance.

SJ

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
I have a 94 208 with a Yamaha T-8 kicker with the 20" shaft.

It's mounted on a nice through bolted fixed bracket that our local Grady dealer in Campbell, CA sells.

I use the EZ-Steer setup for steering and it works well but is a bit of a pain to connect and remove when switching between the main and kicker. I just use the tiller for throttle control but I know several people who use the Trollmaster setup and are happy with it.

The kicker is fed from the same water separating fuel filter as the main engine with shutoff valves in the lines so that the motors can be isolated from one another. I'm not sure if that's really necessary but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I was going to post some pictures of the bracket I'm using but all I get is a message that the board attachment quota has been reached?
If you want to PM me your e-mail I will send the pictures off.

Good luck.

solson

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Grady 208 and I use the adventure marine bracket with a yamaha high thrust 9.9 25" trolling motor. The bracket needs to be bolted through. For steering I use the EZ-Steer setup with the Troll Master throttle control. I run the trolling motor directly off the main tank. Sorry no pictures. I fish off the Oregon coast and I never even considered not having a trolling motor. Good luck

ric2352

Reaction score
solson said:
I have a 1998 Grady 208 and I use the adventure marine bracket with a yamaha high thrust 9.9 25" trolling motor. The bracket needs to be bolted through. For steering I use the EZ-Steer setup with the Troll Master throttle control. I run the trolling motor directly off the main tank. Sorry no pictures. I fish off the Oregon coast and I never even considered not having a trolling motor. Good luck
I have exactly the same boat and setup.....works great....use it all the time trolling salmon. Adventure Marine type bracket the only way to go.....see if I can post a pic.

ric2352

Reaction score
Site won't let me post a pic.....pm me if you want