Yam aux charge lead for my house battery

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
After running the house down I need to do something. The Yam cable kit is expensive and I'd like to make my own lead. What gauge cable should be used? Looks like about a 6' run. Looks like the red aux lead is about 8 or 10 gauge. And that's it right? It already has it's own fuse. Any worries about overcharging?

Denko

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I found one on Ebay new/old stock and spliced in a Blue Seas Fuse Block with a 50A fuse at the battery. I'm thinking the wire was 10 ga., I didn't want to cut the factory connector off at the motor and couldn't find the bare mating connector anywhere. Good luck.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Note finding anything on ebay. 10-gauge eh?? Looks like I'll cut the end and heat shrink one of those 3M insulated butt splices>

Denko

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Here's one on Ebay, there's a couple others but all around $50. I waited until I saw one for $30 8)

Denko

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
If I recall there is a cap you can remove at the motor end, and then just play with it until it goes through. That's my big secret! :roll:

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Just adding some info for people researching Aux Charging cables on a 225 Ox66 year 2000
I was googling trying to find pix and info without clear & definitive results.

Then I realized that my Starting/Battery cables actually have 3 wires. The aux cable is part of the main cable. They were routed to the battery switches and were not readily visible if you didn't know what you were looking for.

Reactions: Bender