Adding a TV to a Marlin 30

Graybeard

Reaction score
Hi guys
I’m buying a 2003 Marlin 30 so we can spend weekends at the marina and have the grandkids overnight. It doesn’t have a TV, but I’ll need to add one. Not sure where or how the factory mounts them. I was thinking about the kind of HD wall mount used in RV applications because they an lock the TV in place for traveling. Any help would be appreciated

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Not sure if 03 is same as 08 but my OEM TV and DVD player are mounted on the starboard cabin wall just forward of the head partition. The DVD player is fixed and the TV is on a swing arm bracket. They fit into a factory made (plastic/fiberglass???) form, molded for a clean look. They are AC powered but run off a DC circuit through an inverter. There is a connection for cable TV where the shore power is located under the aft starboard gunwale. It looks just like the shore power connection. If your boat did not have this option, it may not be there. Sorry, I do not have pics but could get some next week.

Graybeard

Reaction score
Thanks. The head is on the port side and the galley in on the starboard side. I was eyeing up the patrician for the head with a swing arm with a locking mechanism instead of the cabinet. I guess I’ll need an AC TV because we’ll be on shore power most of the time. It seems There are no 12 volt smart TV’s out there. Our marina will have wireless internet so a smart TV seems to be in order.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
This is an image from Boat Trader of an 03 Marlin. Galley on Port, You can wire it up any way you want, it's your boat but there are no AC outlets on the starboard side of the cabin. It would be easier to run a DC circuit wired to a small inverter. That way, the kids could watch a DVD when you are under way without running the genny. There are plenty of TVs with built in DVD players. My 2 cents.....
6191360_20170604104632370_1_LARGE.jpg

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Look at the brochures on GW website. They mount a small flat screen just forward of the head cabin wall. The DVD slides in underneath.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Found some manuals for my 2006. I'm sure things have changed and you have better options, but you can review these for size.

The DVD is a Toshiba SD-3960SU.
The TV is a Sharp Aquos LC-15S4U.
There is a mount and a panel that allows the TV to recesss. The DVD mounts right under the TV and is flush with the bottom.

Graybeard

Reaction score
Thanks guys
There’s a 2005 Marlin 30 for sale right next to the one I’m under contract for. I found a lockable Mount on an RV web site that I’ll get. 4 bolts and it will be mounted in the partiician for the head. I’ll have to add an antenna and figure out how to run the power line.