Need help changing net storage on Canyon 366

cuhuba

Reaction score
So the netting material in the rod storage of the gunnels is completely deteriorated on my 2011 Canyon 366. Here is what its supposed to look like http://www.gradywhite.com/models/center ... d=1&pid=21
I called Grady and they gave name a contact to the original supplier which lead nowhere. I sourced some netting and hope to change it but I am having a tuff time finding the small brass crimps that secure the net in place. I figure tying a knot behind each little hole will be almost impossible. Have any of you replaced this before? Is there a better material out there that won't die within a couple of years in the sun?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I have no idea what the brass crimps look like from that picture, but it sounds like you're talking about wire ferrules. Try googling for that and/or checking with a place like Mcmaster Carr. They would carry both the ferrules (whether you want brass, aluminum, etc) and the crimper tool. Never tried it, but I think you might be able to make wire crimp connectors work, too. For the netting, maybe try some regularly applied 303 protectant as PM.