Lumitec Seablaze

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looking at the Lumitec underwater lights for the transom. There are (3) versions: Seablaze X, Seablaze 3 and Seablaze Quattro.
It looks like the X has the most leds, light and current draw. The 3s have been the standard for a while and the Quattro leverages the X technology with only 4 leds.
I'd proably need (3) one on either side of the outboards and one in the middle. I have the Lumitec light bars under the gunnel and they have been flawless, so I'd like to stay with the brand.

What are folks running and what is your input on which model to select?

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I bought my Marlin in December of 2015. It had two Seablaze 3 lights, one of which didn’t work. It is a 2008 that was purchased new in 2009 so the lights could have been 5 or 6 years old. Not sure when they came on the market. Very good records but that wasn’t part of it. In the spring of 2016, I replaced both of them with Seablaze X. They worked great that year and half of 2017 when one of them started acting up and then stopped working. When the boat was pulled last fall, I did some troubleshooting and found no problem with the wiring or connections so I filed a warranty claim with Lumitec. They replaced the light (I had to send the broken one to them) and I will install in the spring.

My thoughts:
Lumitec has a good reputation with their products and customer service. Warranty is 3 years.
I have 2, placed left and right and they are very bright but your thought of one more between the engines would be fantastic.
I guess I’m batting .500 with this company although when the first one failed is unknown.
I have the White/Blue dimming and like them a lot.

Fishtales

Reaction score
A bit disappointing as I understand the lights are used on a lot of boats now. Thanks for the honest input, hopefully others will provide their experiences. The lights are not inexpensive, so I was hoping they were more reliable.

Fishtales

Reaction score
No more input? Surprising as they are the UW lights GW uses.