Off the Hook Yacht SalesBeacon Light Marina

For Sale 1990 Overnighter 204-c - $13,500 obo

Listings by GreatGrady members of personally owned boats for sale or wanted. No commercial listings allowed unless a sponsor.

Moderators: Tournament223, Potterbuilt, Seafarer228G

For Sale 1990 Overnighter 204-c - $13,500 obo

Postby Bryan3536 » Nov Sat 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Selling our 1990 204-c Grady White Overnighter with factory installed optional bow pulpit (pretty rare from what I can tell) and 2006 repower with a *new* 150 Mercury Saltwater Series oil injected engine (2005 model year installed new in 2006).

This is basically a NEW BOAT - you won't find a cleaner or more updated boat on the market than Mustang Sally (name came with the boat and grew on us - what can I say). The previous owner was a "friend of a close friend," and between that and the yard's maintenance records, we can vouch for Sally being very well cared for at least the last 10+ years. As you can see from the EXTENSIVE LIST of upgrades/work put into the boat (below), we had every intention of keeping Sally for a very long time, and because I am the kind of owner who doesn't want to find out on a Saturday morning that he has to fix something before he can take the boat out, my motto is "when in doubt, have the yard replace" (I enjoy doing all the routine maintenance, but I leave engine maintenance, wiring, and electronics to the professionals). Take a look at the list of work (and money) we put into Sally below and you will see what I mean. This is a 1990 hull with 2012 components. You name it, we had it done professionally. I am selling because after her first year on the water my wife liked boating, and decided she wanted to try longer-range overnight trips - we're going bigger. I realize this is on the high-end, price-wise, for Overnighters out there, but if you look at the below list you will see why - this is a turn key boat that will be good to go for a very long time.

BASICS:
1990 Grady White Overnighter 204-c
Factory Installed Optional Bow Pulpit
2006 Repower with 2005 Model Year 150 hp Mercury Saltwater Series, Oil Injected
Boat cruises at 22-23 knots, WOT 30 knots. I kept a very good log this season, and I am getting 9 gph on the engine.
70 qt insulated fish boxes (x2)
Optional raw water wash down / recirculating live well (**See below)
Full helm canvas - top, front/side curtains, rear drop curtain, all in EXCELLENT shape (I do not think they were ever used before I got boat!)
Mooring cover
Battery switch
2 new anchors (main and small one for anchoring near shore), w/ TONS of new chain and rode (250' I think)

ELECTRONICS (ALL NEW 2012):
Garmin Echo 550c Fish Finder
Standard Horizon Explorer GX-1700 VHF Radio w/ Internal GPS (Glad we went for this - great safety if the worst happens, but very practical for getting GPS coordinates, SOG, etc.)
Poly Planar MRD80i AM/FM/Sirius Radio with internal iPod/iPhone dock
Two new cube speakers

2012 UPGRADES:
*Replaced old fuel tank with brand new epoxy coated 80 gal fuel tank (made custom for us to GW factory specs) and new fuel lines, etc.
*Re-fabricated//reinforced deck hatch covering fuel tank - rock solid deck!
*I had every pump, hose, and fitting replaced on the engine before the season for my peace of mind - the engine runs like a top. I put 50 hours on it this season without a single problem.
*Replaced scuppers
*Replaced deck inspection panels (x2 I believe)
*Replaced cabin door with beautifully fabricated Starboard replacement - guy did a great job!
*Had brand new cushions made for inside and out - white with navy piping - SHARP!
*Two new marine batteries
*Had VHF and iPod/Sirius radio flush mounted in existing dash electronics box
*Mounted two small cube speaker in the gunnels.
*New ritchie compass
*New port-o-potti
*Had a brand new storage box fabricated for under the port seat, and a brand new door fabricated for under the starbard seat (haven't installed yet).
*Fixed cracked removable storage tray under aft seat
*Refinished all the interior teak (not a huge chore, but it won't need to be redone for a few years)
*Replaced the cabin light.
*Had Brittania clean out all of the "old" wiring from the boat, rewire wherever necessary, put in a new fuse block, and most importantly, LABEL it all for me!
*Had wiper motor replaced, new wipers.
*Had bow spot light re-wired so it now works (motor has to be replaced - was probably going to replace whole unit this offseason)
*Put in an extended telescoping swim ladder - so my parents (ok, and me) can get on and off the boat!
*Replaced aft cup holders
*Extra set of helm chair cushions

Every boat has a "to do" list, but Sally's is much shorter than most. The only things I planned to do this offseason was 1) replace the livewell/washdown pump, 2) install a new line guide on the starbard side of the bow pulpit (I have the part), 3) install the storage box and door I had made for the boat, and 4) replace a handful (5?) of canvas/cushion buttons that had broken during the course of the season). I had also removed some old hardware from the previous owner - a binoculars case, a filet knife block, some old rod holders - holes are sealed, but need to wet-sand and "pretty-up".

Boat is in the water (Sandy didn't touch her) in Northport, NY, and can be viewed and run for serious buyers only - please don't waste my time. Bottom is fuzzy this late in the season, but you can see how well the boat runs and has been maintained.

I have a ton of "before" pictures but very few "after." I will take some tomorrow and upload.
East Northport, NY
1990 204-C Overnighter
2005 Mercury 150 hp
Bryan3536

Re: For Sale 1990 Overnighter 204-c - $13,500 obo

Postby Bryan3536 » Nov Tue 06, 2012 2:56 am

Ok - photos can be found here:

http://s1282.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 6/library/

I need to take better ones - took a ton when I first bought boat but none after I fixed her up.
East Northport, NY
1990 204-C Overnighter
2005 Mercury 150 hp
Bryan3536

Return to For Sale/Wanted