33 EXPRESS "SALLY ANN"

tony-sally

Reaction score
this spring will be my 3rd season really enjoy the boat just wanted to share some pics
017_09A.JPG
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/016_10A1.JPG
025_01A.JPG
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/020_06A.JPG
020_06A.JPG
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/016_10A2.JPG

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
swaaeeet!

I like your Navnet package. It is similar to mine except my second unit is in the upper box. It appear you have a 1933 as I do. I am surprised more folks don't use an open array on such a boat. The AP25 looks nice as well.

How do you like the 33?

tony-sally

Reaction score
megabytes

I really like the navnet system .Iwas sold on and open array was thinking of upgradeing to a 1943 antenna . what power sounder do you use I have the 1kw .have been reading about the new wide beam transducers they sound real nice.AP-25 auto pilot is a nice unit .my last boat had a simarad-robertson on it also the only way to go .ap25 has virtual feedback nice opion with outboard power

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have te BBF1 which is 600w IIRC. It works great. I am not sure what the newer ducers do but I get great resolution. Navnets are awesome. Check out the RD30s. I have 2. Highly recommended.

tony-sally

Reaction score
megabytes 'RD-30"

the rd-30 is a nice piece of eqip.I have one mounted in my overhead radio box has alot of nice uses I like it because it frees up the data boxes onthe NAVNET
Save.JPG

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The 330 is an awesome boat and there are a couple of features on yours that make it even better IMO. I like the flush mounting in the upper box, gives a very fininshed look. And I like the ligher canvas color. The perceived negative with the canvas is that it shows dirt faster. Do you find that to be true?

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Weren't you and this boat written up in Big Game magazine recently?

tony-sally

Reaction score
33 grady 'SALLY ANN'

fishie 1:The white canvas encloser is stamoid it is very easy to keep clean at the end of the season the canvas is taken down cleaned and storied hung flat with sheets inbetween them.I only use 210 cleaner& polish on them.My last boat was 12 years old when I sold and its hard to belive but the canvas still looked new.I think canvas when its clean& the glass is clear makes the boat look great. also when I was haveing the electronics installed they tried to talk me into removeing radio box door glassing in flush then mounting radio & RD-30.The job was alot of work getting the fit right but in the end I was pleased.This year I added 2 Quartzs 250 watt lights wired to boats 110 volt system should show in my pics. And yES the article in the big game fishing was about me and my crew. it was a suprise I wrote CAPT. LEN with a question about fish weight caluation and he chose to put it in the article. Keep in touch let me know how your 2006 season is going. TONY---------------33 grady express

Beuford T. Justice

Reaction score
tony-sally,
Nice rig. I'm interested in where you got the steering knob on the helm wheel.
Is it an addition to the factory wheel, or did you install an after market wheel?
Thanks

greyg8r

Reaction score
Steering knob looks like an Edson - I have one and wouldn't think of operating a boat, especially with twins, without it. Considering putting one on my Excursion if it is legal :wink:

tony-sally, I can see why you're proud - it's a beautiful boat. One question I have is why did you mount the antenna on the side?

Beuford T. Justice

Reaction score
OK, and while you're at it, what's the instrument located immediately to the left of the VHF?
And what are those two units mounted between the upper instrument boxes?
Absolutely love your setup!

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Was the flush panal in your radio box a custom piece and what is it made out of?

2005 300 Marlin w/F250's

tony-sally

Reaction score
over-head radio box

Gman25 said:
Was the flush panal in your radio box a custom piece and what is it made out of?

20 05 300 Marlin w/F250's
Gman25 the panal in the radio box is a custom piece its made out of starboard the off white color its like almond color it matches the grady color real nice. the flush panal cleans the radio box up really well.tony

tony-sally

Reaction score
Beuford T. Justice mail

Beuford T. Justice said:
tony-sally,
Nice rig. I'm interested in where you got the steering knob on the helm wheel.
Is it an addition to the factory wheel, or did you install an after market wheel?
Thanks
Beuford check your PM onthis board tony-sally 33 grady

tony-sally

Reaction score
antenna mount

greyg8r said:
Steering knob looks like an Edson - I have one and wouldn't think of operating a boat, especially with twins, without it. Considering putting one on my Excursion if it is legal :wink:

tony-sally, I can see why you're proud - it's a beautiful boat. One question I have is why did you mount the antenna on the side?
"greyg8r" I like the looks of the side mounted antenna over the hard-top mounted not to say the hard top mount is what you want for a walk -around.but with the express i like the side mount plus it gives some extra higeth to the antenna about 3ft. tony.

Stonewall

Reaction score
Tony-sally,

Tell me more about this steering knob. I have an Edson knob installed on my 33 and I'll be damned if I can keep it tight. Since the steering wheel rail seems to be oval and not round, I can't seem to get a good bite on it and it continually coming loose. Did you replace the entire steering wheel? That was my next option, because I love the knob.

Let me know. Thanks