First fishing trip on my Grady 248.

gradywhite248

Reaction score
Well after a few weekends of running my purchase of a 248 Voyager we ventured out with the rest of the Southport/ Oak island fleet early Sat morning. Water was nice and we decided to pull Clark spoons at about 10-20 feet. Well let just say it did not take long. right off the Oak island light house the water was full of bait fish and Spanish. Caught 5 Spanish and as usual we hooked up with a large one that jump a few times and thru the hook. Oh well, could not be happier with the way the boat performed. Even though its a single 250 Yamaha 2 stroke have put more than 15 hours and 60 miles on her and she has run great. As for the boat what more can you say...Its a Grady................ :praise

qdiver

Reaction score
Hey 248.. good to hear you are getting to use her and had good Luck your first time out!! As far as your smoker... I have a Yam. 200 OX 66 on my 228 and have had nothing but good performance out of her.. it's a 2006 injected and to be honest, 4 strokes are nice but heavy & big..& I love my smoker.. has never let me down to this point.. She just hums.. 8)
Good fishing to you.. !!