Fishing The Flats And Hangin At The Beach

jetskibrian

Reaction score
It was a whirlwind weekend with plenty happening, good and bad. Friday I picked up one of my jet skis from the shop, the engine had just been replaced. Luckily it was under warranty and did not hurt the wallet too bad. Saturday morning I started the day being a guest on the Don Lancaster Fishing Tidewater Radio Show from 7-9 am it is on locally at AM 1650 or you can listen online to ktalk1650. Next Saturday I am guest hosting the show while Don goes on vacation.
After the show I went back home to Poquoson VA. and dropped two of my skis in the water and spent the day hanging at a local island with a bunch of my friends and my wife. I took a lot of the kids on jet ski rides.
Sunday I departed my house around around 0545hrs with intentions of going to the Cheaspeake Bay Bridge tunnel to fish for some Tautog and Sheepshead. Unfortunately my newly rebuilt ski started running terribly so I turned around and made about it 3 miles from house before it totally died. The worst part was calling my wife at 0600hrs and getting her to get out of bed and drop a jet ski in the water to come and tow me back, Ha! I am sure I will pay dearly for it. I have the best wife but she has a very good memory!
I ended up working a good part of the day on Sunday but I did get out on the local flats late in the day for some shallow water catch and release Striper action. I was using live big minnows drifting along several points in 3-4 foot of water on my jet ski.
Here are some pics I took this weekend.

atthebeach.jpg

beach45.jpg

anchored.jpg

minnow89.jpg

striper.jpg

willetflight.jpg

willet59.jpg

sunset334.jpg