Jet Ski Brian Goes To Washington

jetskibrian

Reaction score
Yesterday my wife Cindy and I along with my brother John and his wife Renee’ met with my Congressional Representative, Congressman Rob Wittman of Americas first Congressional District for lunch and a tour of the Capital. This came about by way of a Duck’s Unlimited fundraiser a few months ago. Congressman Wittman was kind enough to donate this personalized tour and I was lucky enough to win the bid!
We met at his office in the Longworth building around noon and I gave him a framed photo I had taken of New Point Comfort Light recently. From there we went to the Capital Hill Club for a great lunch. We had a good discussion about the Chesapeake Bay regarding the menhaden fishery and oyster aquaculture. Rob Wittman is also an avid angler and an advocate for the Bay so of course I had a good time talking with him.
Next he took us to the Capital where we were fortunate to see a vote in progress. There were many other Congressmen present and it was impressive to see it all in action. Afterward we walked to the Rotunda where Congressman Wittman gave us a great lesson in history, art and architecture. All told we spent over two hours together. It was an experience we will not soon forget. Gordon Neal, the Congressman’s Staff Assistant, gave us an extended tour of the rest of the Capital building.
Later in the day the four of us walked the Mall area. My wife’s father is a World War Two Veteran and my father was in Korea and Vietnam so we all wanted to see those memorial sites. Here are some of the pictures I took.

DSC_0041b.jpg

IMG00018-20100723-1749.jpg

DSC_0118c-1.jpg

DSC_0016c.jpg

DSC_0121b.jpg

DSC_0072d.jpg

DSC_0057d.jpg

DSC_0141b.jpg

DSC_0151c.jpg

DSC_0156a-1.jpg

DSC_0169b.jpg

DSC_0181b.jpg