New Guy

Topjimmy

Reaction score
Hi folks just thought I would introduce myself ,I have had a lot of Boats and always wanted a Grady and finally Got my brother in law to sell his 1995 192 Tournament to me for a great price as he no longer was using it(original Owner) and all fresh water use since new,I just took it out on my lake that I live on and she runs great and now ready to take it out on the open ocean for the first time for crabbing and bottom fishing as the Ocean is only 10 minutes away here in Washington State, I do have a question though Is there a reason my 150 Yamaha will not "pee" out of the hole with the Muffs on ??? it Pees great in the Lake but not with the Muffs on dry land the muffs are the duel feed type and they are on tight so what gives????? any help would be appreciated and here is pic of my 192
160ygw2.jpg

Fishtales

Reaction score
I found that using the muffs, I never got good flow from the F225s and F250s. I'd refrain from using. If you have to, use a plastic barrel or something like that.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Welcome and nice boat!!

Some motors will pee on muffs, others don't. When was the last time the impeller was changed?

Topjimmy

Reaction score
Thank You and glad to be Aboard ,Knowing my Brother in Law changing the impeller?? Like..........NEVER :-| I was the only one that would take care of maintaining it but it was never out of the water in a Decade next to his floating Home so there was only so much I could do but it Pees strong when in the Water next Season for sure I will change the Impeller now that I own it (and Bottom paint) and I will buy a barrel because I tried a Garbage can but it would not fit

cool change

Reaction score
hello and welcome.. I had the same problem and i posted it about 3 weeks ago, go to the general discussions you will see it. alot of professional advice especially from SEASICK. One thing i dont understand is, if it is peeing slow on the muffs it will pee slow in the water also, salt and fresh water have nothing to do with it.. you cannot really go by the muffs, sometimes they do not seat right.. In my case i changed the water pump.. I would diff not wait to change the pump do it now, it is not that hard. keep us updated.. by the way nice rig

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have to agree with cool change and highly recomend changing out the water pump pretty soon. If you dont know its history, even though its peeing now, it could give up at any time. An old water pump, the fins will take a set and not pump as effiecent as a fresh new one.

Topjimmy

Reaction score
O.K. Gang i will take your advise and change the Pump did not want to do that right now because it is "peeing" so good when I am out in the water BUT I do not want to ruin a Good EXPENSIVE motor either So back on the trailer it goes and I will get after it Thanx Everybody

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Fairly cheap and easy to do. Good preventive measure. I work in the repair industry and see/hear it every day.

cool change

Reaction score
glad to hear ur changing out the pump.. the whole kit cost about 55 bucks best thing u can do.. you diff dont want to over heat on the water and ruin ur day and worse yet risk damaging ur motor.

Topjimmy

Reaction score
Yep those are the exact one's I got Willy and they do not work on my 150 I don't get it but the boat is in the water right now and I am cruising around our Lake nice and easy and it is Peeing good in the Water I Will be taking the boat out of the water after the 4Th festivities and putting a new water pump in as it has NEVER been changed or has anything else been done to the boat or Motor by the original Owner owner (my brother in law) since new in 1995 these Grady's and Yamaha's are one tough Combo Dang!! :mrgreen:

against the wind

Reaction score
welcome, when u change out ur water pump make sure u change ur poppet valve and both thermastats

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard . Congrats on the 192. I had one . It is great boat.

Topjimmy

Reaction score
Will add to the list and will do the Thermostats as well But have never done or heard of the Poppet Valve I will have to Goggle that one and Thanx for the welcome SmokyMtngrady