Cockpit Drains

dowplunger

Reaction score
I just removed the 2 cockpit drains from my 1983 Kingfisher 25' (twin inboards). The chrome is worn off/turning green. I have the engines out now so thought I would either 1) have them re-chromed or 2) replace with stainless. Does anyboyd know where to get stainless steel replacements? if not, can anyone recommend a place to have them re-chromed? I'm in Nassau County (Long Island) but have them out and can send them anwhere. Would love some thoughts. I've replaced all thru hulls (Stainless above, bronze below) and have added stainless scuppers (flap type) and am trying to switch things over to stainless as I replace them. Kind Regards, Bill

dowplunger

Reaction score
Thanks for the post bob but I'm lookinig for the drains that are in the cockpit floor, not the thru-hull scuppers. I'll check their catalog to see if they sell the stainless drains as well. bill

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Look at the entire aqualux catalog, they have deck drains too, some very creative in design, though not cheap.

Oceanbean

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 1993 Explorer.

As as been noted previously: Scuppers are Attwood SKU ATT-66553-3
Stainless Scupper Value, Barbed, 1-1/2" hose ID. I got them from www.firstchoicemarine.com. $41.30 each.

Deck drains were harder to find. But the ones I found are perfect.
Southco, INC. www.southco.com
Part number: M7-16-9005306 Drain grate with barb adapter combination, 1-1/2" SS. Price $62.58 each.

The deck drains fit perfect in the recess. A real upgrade over the plastic.

Be sure to clean away all the caulking (if it was 5200/4200) it is a battle.
A product called "goof off" seems to soften it up alittle. Otherwise it is alot of picking. Once you clean away the caulking the top side grate screws in the barbed elbow. Tighten with your deck key. I used a fresh layer of 5200 on both contact sides with the fiberglass.

SS deck drains connected to SS scuppers with a new piece of hose and she is set for a long time.

Oceanbean
1993 Explorer 245